Mission, Vision and Overview
Center City Public Charter Schools (Center City PCS) empower our students for lifelong success by building strong character, promoting academic excellence, and generating public service throughout Washington D.C.
Please read Our Commitment to All Students.
Driven by character, excellence, and service, Center City PCS seeks to:
- Foster a community of lifelong learners;
- Graduate students ready to go to and through college; and
- Prepare our alumni to serve and lead others in the 21st century.
Center City PCS teaches a broad liberal arts and humanities curriculum to students in PreKindergarten-Eighth Grade. We believe, teach, and live Character, Excellence, and Service. We commit to the intellectual, physical, moral and emotional well-being of each scholar and believe every child can learn, lead and serve. Center City PCS’s academic model is built in a disciplined environment that encourages students to strive for excellence in education and their community.
For Scholars WE OFFER:
- Opportunities to learn in new ways. Center City PCS’s curricula are hands-on and taught in small groups. There are no back rows.
- Highly individualized instruction so each student can realize his/her full potential.
- A wide variety of enrichment opportunities to learn more about art, foreign language, science, music, health and top-notch high school preparation.
- Opportunities to perform intellectually, artistically and physically with spelling bees, science fairs, art exhibits and athletic tournaments.
- Year-round extra-curricular athletics, arts and clinics to introduce new sports and subjects.
For Parents WE PROVIDE:
- A safe, nurturing, small school with individualized instruction where students don’t fall through the cracks.
- A highly structured and disciplined learning environment.
- A high-quality PreKindergarten-8th Grade education focused on character, academic excellence and service.
- Guided support with the high school placement process.
- Regular information from your child’s teachers and principal.
- Opportunities to serve and contribute to your child’s class, campus and the entire Center City community.